OriginHank Pym was originally a brilliant scientist who discovered a microscopic substance called "Pym Particles". Upon exposure to the particles' energy, Hank gained the ability to manipulate his own mass and change size. However, he flushed his Pym Particles down the drain of his sink after getting into a life-threatening situation in an anthill. Reconsidering his initial decision to get rid of the Particles, Pym recreated them and became the Avenger Ant-Man alongside his crime-fighting partner, the Wasp, eventually internalizing his shrinking ability and gaining the power to increase in size and become "Giant-Man" as a result of frequent exposure to Pym Particles. Pym also invented a cybernetic helmet giving him the ability to communicate with and command the ants and certain other kinds of insects in his immediate vicinity, further enhancing his crime-combating capabilities. For a time, the Astonishing Ant-Man and the Wondrous Wasp were married, but Hank Pym's emotional instability and inherent aggressiveness culminated in a divorce.
Role in the Story
Ant-Man has no role in the main storyline, and is instead a seperate unlockable.
Ant-Man wears a cybernetic ant head-modeled helmet which gives him the ability to communicate with and control ants with his thoughts and words. Aside from that, he wears a red shirt with a black collar and a black symbol reminiscent of an ant's thorax on his chest, red pants, black shorts, a black belt, black boots, and black gloves.
- Ant-Control: Ant-Man's helmet gives him the ability to communicate with ants. Ant-Man can use this ability to capture incoming enemies with swarms of ants and kill them by inducing the swarms to explode when he breaks his control over them. While Ant-Man is directing ants to ensnare nearby enemies, he is also physically surrounded by ants, making him resistant to damage.
- Shrinking: Ant-Man can shrink to the size of an insect, allowing him to reach otherwise inaccessible areas and solve puzzles. In the past, Ant-Man's costume facilitated his ability to alter his size, weight, and mass through controlled release of Pym Particles, but Ant-Man has since internalized it.
- Computer Hacking: Ant-Man is a brilliant mechanical engineer and computer programmer who can easily hack into computers.
- Nolan North also voiced Henry Pym in Ultmate Avengers.
- Ant-Man's special attack is to shrink down, jump down an enemy's throat, and kill him from the inside out before returning to normal size.