"Oh no! I'm melting, me-e-e-lting! ...Oh wait! I mean, I'm solidifying, solidifying! Oh, what a world!"
- -Sandman being blasted with water by Spider-Man
Role in the Story
Sandman is one of the many villains that joins Loki in the quest for the Cosmic Bricks.
Petty crook William Baker, alias Flint Marko, hid on a beach after a successful prison breakout. Little did Sandman know that the U.S. government was testing a nuclear weapon on the beach, so when the weapon detonated, Marko was irradiated and merged with the sand particles of the beach to transform into a sentient sand-being, the aptly named Sandman. Befuddled by Sandman's abilities when they first met, Spider-Man resorted to unconventional methods to stop him, specifically sucking him up with an vacuum cleaner. Since then, Sandman has fought other heroes, like the Human Torch and the Hulk, and formed the Sinister Six with Doctor Octopus, Electro, Vulture, Mysterio, and Kraven the Hunter. Notably, Sandman has once attempted to reform and even became an honorary Avenger but has since returned to evil. Sandman is an ally of the Wizard as a sometimes member of the Frightful Four.
- Sand Composition: Sandman's sand composition allows him to reshape his body into different forms and access sand pits throughout Manhattan. This also allows him to pass through vents with ease.
- Transformation: Sandman has transformation abilities, allowing him to morph all or part of his body into different forms, like giant fists, hammers, and cannons. He can turn into a sand castle as well.
Sandman has brown hair, a shirt with dark green and light green stripes, and tan pants with a belt.
- Sandman was revealed in January of 2013, along with many other characters.
- Dee Bradley Baker previously voiced Sandman in Ultimate Spider-Man.
- He is needed for a couple of Stan Lee In Peril (Rebooted, Resuited, Juggernauts and Crosses ...).
- Sandman's first special attack is to convert himself into sand-form after triggering a punch attack from the enemy, assimilate the enemy into his body, transform into a cannon, and fire him like a cannonball.
- Sandman’s second special attack is to grab his enemy with a giant sand fist, transform his other hand into a hammer, and hammer his enemy into the ground like a nail.