Spider-Man in LEGO Marvel Superheroes
Peter Benjamin Parker
- Web Swinging
Amazing Fantasy #15
Stan Lee, Steve Ditko
"Like I have time for that! I've got a trigonometry exam tomorrow, my Aunt needs me to pick up a dozen eggs, and I'm drowning in angst."
- Spider-Man to Nick Fury, after the battle of Grand Central Station
Spider-Man is a playable character in LEGO Marvel Super Heroes.
HistoryWhen high school student Peter Parker attended a public exhibition, demonstrating the safe handling of nuclear laboratory waste materials, he was bitten by a spider that had been irradiated by a particle accelerator used in the demonstration. Making his way home afterwards, Peter discovered he had somehow gained the proportionate powers of an arachnid. With his new found abilities, Parker attempted to cash in on them. In a turn of events following his first wrestling match, Peter's uncle died. Peter soon discovered that with great power comes great responsibility.
Role in the story
Spider-Man comes together with the heroes of the Marvel Universe, such as the likes of the Avengers, the X-Men, and the Fantastic Four, to help stop Loki, Doctor Doom, and their villainous cohorts from building a weapon of mass destruction (Dr. Doom's Doomray of Doom) from the shattered Cosmic Bricks of the Silver Surfer's Surfboard.
After Iron Man and Hulk's battle against Abomination at Grand Central Station, Sandman carries them outside, Spider-Man arrives to help defeat his old enemy. With the help of Bruce Banner, Spider-Man manages to create a water gun turret, that solidifies Sandman. After the battle Spider-Man is approached by Nick Fury (Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.), who offers him a position on his team. Spider-Man, however, declines this offer, stating that he has no need to join a super hero team, much less any time. He is then carried away, having been standing on a truck that Hulk moves to the battle debris junk pile.Black Widow and Hawkeye, Green Goblin sets them into a trap and the heroes are forced to deal with Venom. The heroes arrive too late to stop Green Goblin as he escapes. Spider-Man then tells Black Widow and Hawkeye to get other Avengers to track him down as he has to do dishes and deal with his girlfirend and leaves the place.
Spider-Man later appears teaming up with Iron Man and Thor at tracking Doctor Doom at the submarine. They encounter M.O.D.O.K. and defeat him, but then the submarine starts to sink. Luckly, Jean Grey arrives and saves the heroes with her telekinesis powers. They managed to catch up to Doom, but then Magneto shows up with the Statue of Liberty alive and they are throwed into the island and Doom and Magneto escapes.
Spider-Man, Iron Man and Thor then head to Asteriod M using the Stark Jet to track the villains. Magneto attempts to stop them by setting up traps, but they manged to avoid them. They catch up to Magneto where they battle him at his throne room. Magneto is defeated and the heroes head off to stop Loki and Doom. However they take down Iron Man and Thor, leaving only Spider-Man until he is joined up by Captain America, Thing and Storm, who snucked in eariler. They are able to defeat Doctor Doom. Iron Man and Thor catches up to help stop Loki, who reveals his true plan, unleasing Galactus to destroy Earth and Asgard. With no other choices, Nick Fury calls upon the villians to help the heroes defeat Galactus, he is sucked into a portal with Loki and the villains leave the Helicarrier as part of their agreement with the heroes.
Spider-Man: His appearance based on Ultimate Spider-Man television series. He has a red head without any head accessories to represent his mask, and it is printed with a web design and large, white eyes. His torso is blue instead of red with red printed on. The web design is black rather than silver, his black spider logo is smaller, and printing to show the suit's cut against his body is added. Like previous verions he has back printing on his head and back.His head has the same design but in black. His back printing is mostly blue with a large red spider and the top and bottom is red with black webbing, also printing is added to show the cut of the suit on his back. He has blue hips, legs, and arms with red hands.
Symbiote Spider-Man: A black, symbiote costume for Spider-Man has been confirmed as DLC, with any pre-ordered purchase of the video game. This costume also takes after it's appearance in the Ultimate Spider-Man television series. The minifigure only has two areas of printing: the head and the torso. The head is decorated only with large, plain white eyes, and the torso details his spider logo, which covers most of the torso.
Superior Spider-Man: A mostly black costume. With the head, neck and corners of the limbs red. The eyes are big and silver. There're also two pairs of mechanical arms attatched to a neck decoration to the back for unknown purpose. Spider-man cannot change back to Peter Parker with this costume.
Future Foundation Spider-Man: A mostly white costume. It has a black spider on the front and back. Spider-Man can change back into Peter Parker with this costume, but if he trys to switch back he will be in his default suit.
- Web Swinging: Spider-Man can navigate through New York City using his webs. He can traverse almost any surface, having a web swinging system similar to games such as Spider-Man 2 and The Amazing Spider-Man.
- Spider Sense: Spider Sense allows Spider-Man to detect hidden bricks in the environment. Similar to how Spider Sense looks in the comics, Spider-Man emits a red ripple effect from his head at the tap of a button. In turn, the hidden bricks may allow the player to pass obstacles for level progression, or gain rewards.
- Web Pull: Spider-Man can pull specific objects towards him (including enemies) using his webs.
- Wall Climbing: Spider-Man can crawl on special walls, similar to the way that Robin can walk on special walls using his magnet suit, in LEGO Batman: The Video Game and LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes Unite.
- Web Balls: Spider-Man can also fire web balls in succession, which allows him to attack enemies from a distance. This works in a similar way to other characters gun targeting system.
- Change back to Peter Parker: Spider-Man can change himself back to Peter Parker.
- Take Photo: Peter Parker can use his camera to take pictures and certain spots.
How to Unlock
Spider-Man: Complete Level 1- Sand Central Station
Symbiote Spider-Man: DLC
Superior Spider-Man: This costume can only be obtained by finding it in the hub.
Future Foundation Spider-Man: This can only be unlocked by entering the code WFOZXQ.
- Spider-Man mentions his Aunt May asked him to pick up some eggs. This is a reference to the 2012 film The Amazing Spider-Man, where Peter consistently forgets to pick up eggs for Aunt May.
- By pre-ordering from GameStop, players will recieve a DLC pack that includes "Symbiote Spider-Man" (otherwise known as Black Suit Spider-Man).
- Spider-Man was one of the first characters revealed, alongside of the game's announcement.
- James Arnold Taylor had previously voiced Spider-Man in Spider-Man: Friend or Foe, Battle for New York & Avengers: Battle for Earth. He would later go on to voice Harry Osborn in The Spectacular Spider-Man.
- Spider-Man and Captain America are the most playable characters in the story, appearing in 7 out of 15 chapters. The second most is Iron Man with 6 chapters.
- Superior Spider-Man makes a cameo in a billboard in the level Times Square Off which is interestingly the level that has Doctor Octopus as the main boss considering that in the comics Otto Octavius became Superior Spider-Man after defeating Peter Parker.
- He was playable in the levels: Sand Central Station, Times Square Off, Exploratory Laboratory, That Sinking Feeling, Magnetic Personality, A Doom With A View, The Good, The Bad, and the Hungry.