Role in the Story
Thor comes together with the heroes of the Marvel Universe, such as the likes of his fellow Avengers, the Fantastic Four and the X-Men, to help stop Loki, Doctor Doom, and their villainous cohorts from building a weapon of mass destruction from the shattered Cosmic Bricks of the Silver Surfer's surfboard.
Thor, the mightiest of Asgardian lords, was once a fierce fighter, the wielder of the mighty hammer, Mjølnir. Men and worshipped him as a god, calling him Thor the Thunderer. However, after dissapointing his father, Lord Odin, Thor was forced to learn a lesson in humility by living as a human. This, however, strengthened his bond with Earth and humanity, paving the path for him to join the Avengers.
In his default costume, Thor has blond hair, a beard, a red cape, a blue-and-gray shirt with a gray, red, and white harness, and blue pants. In his Classic costume, Thor has blond hair, no beard, a sleeveless black shirt with yellow lines and gray attachments, a yellow belt bearing a T, a red cape, and blue pants. He wields a new moulded grey hammer which represents Mjølnir, (pronounced Mih-Yoll-Ner), a powerful hammer which only he, or sometimes those who are worthy, can use.
Thor possesses multiple abilities, many of which have been adapted into a LEGO style straight from the comic books. This wide arry of abilities, which center mostly around his godly hammer Mjølnir, includes:
- Flight: By spinning his mighty hammer, Mjølnir, in a blinding circle, and launching off into the sky, Thor can defy gravity and navigate through New York City.
- Lightning Conjuration: Thor can generate lightning attacks from Mjølnir, allowing him to fry his enemies into ash, or stun them temporarily.
- Hammer Combat: Thor is able to wield his hammer into combat, using it as a melee weapon that can plow through hordes of foes.
- White LEGO Brick Destruction: Thor can smash LEGO Bricks with white cracks in them, using Mjolnir as his primary weapon.
- Thor was one of the first characters to be confirmed for the game, being confirmed when the game was announced in January 2013.
- Travis Willingham voiced Thor in Ultimate Spider-Man, Avengers Assemble & Phineas & Ferb: Mission Marvel.
- Like his Brother Loki, Thor is based after the Norse Dietiy of the Same Name.
- Thor's first special attack is to hurl Mjolnir at the enemy, though the enemy will duck, and then recall the hammer from behind the enemy to destroy him.
- Thor's second special attack is to electrocute the enemy until he is reduced to a skeleton.